Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.gfenyc.com.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: GFENYC.
1. To accomplish our goal of bringing compatible people together, we must gather personal information such as gender, age, ethnic background, appearance, and more. This information is meant to be seen by members and visitors to the site but cannot be linked by visitors to any private information.
2. How does GFENYC.com use your information? Information supplied by the user is intended to be viewed by visitors to the site. This information is used by visitors for searching and matching purposes. Email addresses submitted by users are used by us when forwarding ads and responses to ads. We may use a user’s email address to send news regarding our site. Email addresses may also be used in private correspondence with the user for customer service issues.
3. GFENYC.com contains links to other sites. We host and display ads on our site.
4. GFENYC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
5. Sharing the information with third parties GFENYC may transfer the user’s information in aggregate form to different merchants and advertisers who promote different products and services throughout the site, as well as to other third party dating sites.
6. We may also disclose Personal Information to other people or agencies in order to:
(a) follow the law or comply with legal process served on our affiliates;
(b) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our users, and
(c) act as quickly as needed to protect the personal safety of our users or other people.
7. Using other forms of Information about our users In addition to the use of Information to operate our site, we may also gather anonymous information, which may be used by us or shared with third parties.
8. Security This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
This GFENYC.com database resides behind firewalls in order to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We have taken preventive measures to restrict access to sensitive data, as well as to detect and prohibit certain connections and operations by unauthorized users. While our measures exceed industry standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstance or its resilience to future attacks. We also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All of our users’ information, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
9. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to [email protected]
10. Removal Option This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so as not to receive future communications or to no longer receive our service. This can be done as follows: Resign from GFENYC.com at www.GFENYC.com/resign.asp
11. Correct/Update This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided. Visit www.GFENYC.com/change.asp.
12. Protect Yourself from Spam It is a good practice to refrain from disclosing your email address or any other information to other members through our secure message system. Information disclosed may be used by other persons for many purposes, including spamming. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site. or your dealings with this Web site